Mrs. Klein's Baked Beans

Several years ago when we lived in upstate New York, the church we were attending created a member cookbook. You've heard me say before that I just love those recipes... common ingredients that I can pronounce!
 Well, my mom was so pleased when the cookbook included her baked bean recipe!

Mrs. Klein's Baked Beans

1 small onion, chopped
3 slices bacon
2 large cans of pork and beans
2 Tablespoons molasses
3 Tablespoons ketchup
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard

Directions:
Fry together onion and bacon. Drain and crumble the bacon. Add the remaining ingredients to the onion - bacon mixture. Cook slowly until done.

Note:
I've made these in the crock pot too!

Here's where I'll be sharing:

 Amaze Me Monday * Mix it up Monday * Make it Pretty Monday * Cooking and Crafting with J and J *  Busy Monday * Keep it simple Monday * You're gonna love it Tuesday * Tasty Tuesday * Delicious Dishes * Inspire me Tuesday * Talk of the Town  * Waste not Wednesday *  Thrifty and Vintage Finds *Moonlight and Mason Jars Before and After Wednesday * the Alder Collective * You Link it, We Make it * What's Cookin' Wednesday  * Create it Thursday *  Creatively crafty *  Full plate Thursday * Throwback Thursday * The Handmade Hangout The Pin Junkie * Anything blue Friday * Sweet Inspirations  Friday Finds * Foodie Friday *  Photo Friday * Friday Features * Party Palooza * Floral Friday Fotos  *  What To Do Weekends * Peace, love Link up Fridays *  Saturday Sparks *  Five star Frou Frou *  Best of the Weekend *  Happiness is Homemade  * Sundays at Home  * Sunday Crafters-noon *  Nifty Thrifty Sunday *

8 comments:

  1. That looks delicious!
    Please share on the Food Friday meme!
    http://nicholasjv.blogspot.com.au/2016/07/food-friday-eggs-benjamin.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother always doctored up plain old baked beans. We loved them! Thanks for bringing back memories and for sharing with us at Creatively Crafty #ccbg :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lydia and I hope you're having a good weekend!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE baked beans and haven't had these in ages! I can't wait to give them a try! Thanks for linking up with us at You Link It We Make It! -Kim @ knockitoffkim.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always turned up my nose at baked beans until I recently tried them - what was I waiting for! Thanks for sharing with #CCBG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summertime is definitely baked bean time with all the cookouts!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing at Delicious Dishes Recipe Party!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!