~ Mom's Day ~


M-O-T-H-E-R
"M" is for the million things she gave me,
"O" means only that she's growing old,
"T" is for the tears she shed to save me,
"H" is for her heart of purest gold;
"E" is for her eyes, with love-light shining,
"R" means right,
and right she'll always be,
Put them all together,
they spell "MOTHER,"
A word that means the world to me.
--Howard Johnson (c. 1915)

"My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her."

-- George Washington (1732-1799)

"The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness." -- Honore' de Balzac (1799-1850)

Small Blessings
Dear Lord, it's such a hectic day
With little time to stop and pray,
For life's been anything but calm
Since You called on me to be a mom,
Running errands, matching socks
Building dreams with building blocks,
Cooking, cleaning, and finding shoes
And other stuff that children lose,
Getting lids on bottled bugs
Wiping tears and giving hugs,
A stack of last week's mail to read
So where's the quiet time I need?
Yet when I steal a minute, Lord
Just at the sink or ironing board,
To ask the blessings of Your grace
I seen then, in my small one's face,
That you have blessed me
All the while,
And I stop to kiss
That precious smile!
Author Unknown
Join us for weekly words to live by...here!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. AMEN SUZY, MOTHERS ARE GREAT. sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting on my post Suzy. My son posted the M-O-T-H-E-R poem you have here on my Facebook page today. A pretty righteous move for a 15 year old, huh? Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all your "mother" quotes. I had a hard time choosing just one for my post--next time I think I'll follow your example!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Suzy,
    Thanks so much for visiting my little blog and the kind words. This was a lovely Mother's Day post.
    your friend,
    Janet
    PS...what is a meme??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Mothers Day post. Being a Mother has been one of my greatest joys.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!