Dearest Mother o' Mine

This Mother's Day card is over 85 years old.
It was sent by my mother to my grandmother. Who knows where she got the cut out of flowers to paste on. My guess is the Sears-Roebuck catalog.
I would guess she made this at the two-room school house that she attended in our neighborhood, and I'm sure every kid used this same verse!
I love how she signed her full name so that Grandma would be absolutely sure who it was from. This is something I will cherish forever.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. THANK OUR LORD JESUS FOR BLESSING MOTHERS. LOVE THAT MOTHER. sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treasure you have. Mothers day blessings. Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what a treasure. I love the penmanship and punctuation - three good lessons packed into one. Maybe we should do a bit of this today in our schools! Thanks for sharing... :) Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!