My Garden Lady

Some have a scarecrow in their garden...I prefer my garden lady!
Here's where I got the idea. A local farm always has a Mr. and Mrs Scarecrow that they dress differently every summer. Each year, I wait to see how they will be dressed for the new season...
So back in 2012, I decided to make myself a garden Lady!
Jack made me a cross shape with a 2x4 to go in the ground and a thin lightweight board to form a "T" at the top. I made the face out of a styro foam disc covered with spanish moss.

I secured the moss with floral wire and left the ends long enough to go around the wood stake. I bought a straw hat for $1.25 and wired on some flowers from my craft stash. Her dress was made from a $2.00 shower curtain from the thrift store.


















By the end of summer, the Blue jays had taken string, 

The squirrels had eaten her hat and destroyed her dress!lol
but I wasn't giving up.
The next year...

This was her ensemble! She lasted nearly all summer before the deer ate her hat!


The last two years, this has been her outfit. Other than some fading, the hat and dress have survived!!


But I think a bird is building a nest in her face!!!


Here's where I'll be sharing:

 Amaze Me Monday * Mix it up Monday * Make it Pretty Monday * Cooking and Crafting with J and J *  Busy Monday * Keep it simple Monday * You're gonna love it Tuesday * Tasty Tuesday * Delicious Dishes * Inspire me Tuesday * Talk of the Town  * Waste not Wednesday *  Thrifty and Vintage Finds *Moonlight and Mason Jars Before and After Wednesday * the Alder Collective * You Link it, We Make it * What's Cookin' Wednesday  * Create it Thursday *  Creatively crafty *  Full plate Thursday * Throwback Thursday * The Handmade Hangout The Pin Junkie * Anything blue Friday * Sweet Inspirations  Friday Finds * Foodie Friday *  Photo Friday * Friday Features * Party Palooza * Floral Friday Fotos  *  What To Do Weekends * Peace, love Link up Fridays *  Saturday Sparks *  Five star Frou Frou *  Best of the Weekend *  Happiness is Homemade  * Sundays at Home  * Sunday Crafters-noon *  Nifty Thrifty Sunday *

19 comments:

  1. Your garden lady is fun indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Riitta, I enjoy having her watch over my flowers! lol

      Delete
  2. I LOVE your garden lady! So fun and much better than a scarecrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol! Have a good week!

      Delete
  3. What a simply adorable and FUN idea!! And fun to watch how the wildlife react to her haha! Darn those squirrels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just a never-ending thing!

      Delete
  4. Oh this is too cute! :)

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for crafts, recipes, and tips: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved hearing your garden lady story. Cute outfits though. Thank you for sharing with us at #HomeMattersParty. We would love to have you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun idea!! So glad you didn't give up after the first try! Thank you so much for sharing over at Waste Not Wednesday! Look forward to seeing you again this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All versions are just wonderful! Thanks for sharing your post with us at @CCBG. http://tryit-likeit.com/link-party-it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Suzy I really enjoyed the story of your garden lady! Sounds like you've gotten a lot out of placing her in your garden, too :) Thanks for sharing with us at Creatively Crafty #ccbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lydia, for your kind comment and have a blessed week!

      Delete
  9. What a cute idea, and I love that she gets to change fashions from time to time. I wish this would work in my garden but the deer don't seem to be afraid of anything. Thanks for linking up with us at Waste Not Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toni~ She doesn't seem to chase the deer off but they don't bother her either.(Listen to me, talking about her like she's a person) lol

      Delete
  10. Your garden lady is so cool, and it sounds like the squirrels and birds are giving you an excuse to change up her fashion from time to time. :) This is such a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keri! I do like to change her up a bit!

      Delete

Thank you for stoppin' by and leaving a comment...I'll be over to see you in just a little bit !
Suzy