Pineapple Cookies

Our first house was a duplex. We rented the other apartment to a sweet English lady who spent her days baking and sharing the goodies with us.

I always taught my kids that it wasn't proper to call older adults by their first name, yet the came to love her like family, so they called her "Aunt Smith ".
Here is her recipe for the best pineapple cookies you've ever tasted :

Pineapple Cookies

Blend together:
2/3 cup shortening
1 cup of sugar
add 2 eggs

add 1/2 cup of well-drained crushed pineapple

add:
2 cups flour
1/2 tea. baking soda
1/2 cup chopped nuts

Drop mixture by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheets.
Bake at 375 for 12 to 15 minutes.

I've doubled and even tripled this recipe for the holidays.
Enjoy!


6 comments:

  1. I've never even heard of pineapple cookies. I'll have to try this one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely recipe. I don't use pineapple often enough. I will be trying this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh me oh my! Those sound just wonderful! I am adding a lot of great recipes to my collection from all of you good cooks! I think Hubby will like this one too! Thanks for sharing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sounds different and tasty! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those sound good and different! Thanks for sharing. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!