The U.S. economy lost 2.6 million jobs in 2008 according to government reports.

In December alone, over 500,000 became unemployed.
I was one of them.
After 8 years of giving my best, getting wonderful yearly reviews, and taking only 3 sick days, I was called in and told " This will be you last day". My position was in the process of being eliminated, only to reappear under a new name with someone filling my spot that would be paid less than half of what I was making.
Was it that I had worked my way up to a decent hourly wage or that I was the oldest manager at my level ?

Who knows?
But the one thing I do know is that I’d had my fill of disgruntled guests arguing about store policies and the level of service. I’d grown weary of pushing credit card applications onto people when more credit was the last thing they needed in this economy. I had become increasing unhappy there and maybe this was a blessing in disguise. I decided to change direction and get completely out of retail. I had always regretted not going into some branch of the medical field, somewhere that I could feel I was helping someone.

I applied for the Certified Nurses Assistant program at a local facility and was accepted into the program. I will start my training on February 10th. If I can put a smile on a face, or make one person more comfortable, that will make my day.
Check back tomorrow and I tell you what I’ve been up to this last 7 weeks!
Suzy
************************
“What actions are most excellent?
To gladden the heart of a human being, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the wrongs of the injured.” —Koran

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!