Felting Creations

Have you ever met someone with an extraordinary talent and wish you were gifted like they are? I've often told hubby that I wish I could just once...step behind a mike and belt out a song or sit down at a piano and play a difficult piece perfectly. Just once, and I'd be happy. Seems like no matter how much we achieve it's never enough. We need to learn to be content and enjoy and the gifts God has given us...

Recently, I saw these felted animals on Pinterest and I think they are amazing!
So much talent here!
Just look at the detail in these!
 What is felting?
It's done with wool, special needles, and a mat. Pushing the needles through a small wool ball causes the wool to attach to itself and you can begin to form a shape. There's more to it than this but you get the idea.



I like Mr. Mouse in his knitted sweater!
and a duck in a hunting hat!
Isn't she sweet?
Have any of you tried your hand at needle felting?

Here's where I'll be sharing:
Happiness is Homemade  * Sundays at Home  * Sunday's Best Smell good Sunday * What's for Dinner  Nifty Thrifty Sunday * Family Joy * That DIY Party Busy Creative You *
 Amaze Me Monday Mix it up Monday * Make it Pretty Monday * Cooking and Crafting with J and J * Show and Share *  Busy Monday * Keep it simple Monday *Show and Tell *  Warm Heart Totally Terrific Tuesday *W.A.Y.D.2018 Blog Hop * Tasty Tuesday * Dagmar's Home * Delicious Dishes * Inspire my Creativity * Talk of the townWaste Not Wednesday *  Thrifty and Vintage Finds *Share Your Style Create it Thursday * No rules Weekend * Creatively crafty *  Full plate Thursday * The Handmade Hangout The Pin Junkie * Friday Frenzy * Anything blue Friday * Foodie Friday  * Friday Features * Best Friday Features What To Do Weekends  * Home Matters Ultimate Pin Party * Dare to share Sat. * Saturday Shuffle * Saturday Sparks * Best of the Weekend *

Weekend Snapshots * Wordless Wednesday * Image-in-ing * 


17 comments:

  1. Felting is such a beautiful craft, and all of these are so whimsical and sweet looking. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very talented! These are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, I didn't make these but I wish I could!

      Delete
  3. Felting is an amazing talent, sadly not one of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not my talent either, but I enjoy looking at all the creations!

      Delete
  4. OH my goodness; these are simply adorable. I have never tried felting but I'm thinking I may not have the patience for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so amazing. I love them all. I have never tried it and if I did I don't think they would be this adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you,Debra ~ If I tried it, you may not be able to even figure out what the animal is!! lol

      Delete
  6. so super cute, I can recall many items like this in the 70s
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I don't remember seeing this art until recently!

      Delete
  7. you should try it, felting is very satisfying

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've done it? Maybe I will give it a try!...Thanks,Janet

      Delete
  8. Wow! I have heard of needle felting but had no idea it could be so elaborate! Thanks for sharing with us at Creatively Crafty #ccbg :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Lydia! Mine would end up just on big ball of yarn!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!