Since I'll be working on Easter....



I decided to make my holiday dinner today. I usually make ham and potato salad for Easter, but I've been hungry for macaroni salad, so I made it instead.
I'm picky about my recipe, there are so many versions out there.

Here’s the recipe I used. It’s not exactly there, but it’s close:
4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
8 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 large onion, chopped

Dressing:
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
2 and 1/2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1and 1/2 teaspoon salt

Pour dressing over ingredients, mix together and chill for at least 4 hours before serving, but preferably overnight.

* Hint:
I used my dough blender from Pampered chef to chopped my eggs, and it worked really well !

And I made a batch of Lemon Squares for dessert!

1 comment:

  1. Suzy,
    I bet those lemon bars are delicious. I love them and they are especially nice for Easter.
    Have a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!