How many blogs are there?

50 million and counting.......

Here is Technorati's latest State of the blogosphere report.

A few highlights:

On July 31, 2006,Technorati tracked it's 50 millionth blog.

  • The blogosphere is doubling about once every 6 and a half months.

  • about 175,000 new weblogs are created each day.

  • There are more than 2 blogs created each second of each day, about 1.6 million postings per day, or about 18.6 posts per second.

I'm really tired after all that counting ... I think I go take a rest.

3 comments:

  1. I never thought I would be a blogger, but a little over a month into-and being part of that statistic I can see why it is climbing so fast-very addicting!

    You did a nice job counting, I hope you enjoy your rest:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mind boggling! As Theresa says, it can be very addictive. A fun hobby and great way to make new friends.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What incredible numbers. Like Susie said, "a fun hobby and great way to make new friend". I totally agree!!

    I'm glad to be one of those 50 Million and counting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!