Friday's " Show and Tell "

When my Father was in the navy during World War II, he sent this pillow case to my Mom. I'm guessing that was around 1943.
Recently, She gave me a few mementos that she had saved for so many years. This was one of them. For quite some time it was framed and hung above their bed.















The verse reads:
SWEETHEART
I thought that you would like to know,
That someone's thoughts go where you go,
That someone never will forget,
The hours we spent since we met.
That life is richer, sweeter far,
For such a sweetheart as you are,
And now my constant prayer will be,
That God may keep you safe for me.

I remember when I was a little girl, reading this every time I was in their room until I had it memorized and I thought it was the most romantic poem I had ever heard.

Stop on over at Kelli's house for more Show and tell, and have a good weekend!

21 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. How neat! What a wonderful thing to have. Great Show and Tell.

    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet! What a treasure to have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious treasure! It certainly tells of your parent's love for each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Suzy,
    How romantic, how sweet, what a wonderful sentiment for a sweetheart separted from her loved one...

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet is that! Wonderful keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a special token of love to have from your father to your mother so many years ago.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such a beautiful piece wow.. I am truly speechless. thanks for sharing that !!

    Mica

    ReplyDelete
  8. *gulp* Wow!!! That's a true heirloom.

    My show and tell is shared, if you have time, I'd love for you to drop by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a neat thing to have after all of these years.Isn't it funny how our parents bedrooms eem so magical while we are young?

    ReplyDelete
  10. That brought tears to my eyes, it's so beautiful! One can't even imagine the loneliness they felt when they were apart. Such a wonderful memento! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, what a sweet and special treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful thing to read about your parents when you were young. It is VERY romantic. What a treasure for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so cool! What a beautiful poem. I can just imagine how excited she was when she read that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful memory and a very nice poem!

    How nice that you got it from your mom and I am sure your will treasure it forever!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just read your header quote for the first time. What wonderful words!!! And oh so true!!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  16. How sweet! What a great little treasure you have
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing this wonderful piece and the moving story behind it! My father was a Navy man himself. I am going to share this with my husband, who loves military history. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is just beautiful, especially the poem! Such a treasure for you to share!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful and romantic treasure symbolizing the love between your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, that is so romantic! What a wonderful keepsake!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!