This recipe comes from George Stella. He has an awesome collection of recipes and has had great success with weight loss using a low carb way of eating. This is one of my favorite cookie recipe!
2 net carbs per cookie :
Low carb Snickerdoodles
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar substitute
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
PREHEAT oven to 375°, and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- USING a stand or hand-held mixer, add the cream cheese, butter, sugar substitute, egg and vanilla extract to the mixing bowl, and beat on high until creamy and fluffy.
- ADD in almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, and mix on medium until well blended.
- USING a teaspoon or a cookie scoop, drop 16 evenly spaced cookies on the prepared sheet pan, and push down slightly on each.
* optional : CINNAMON TOPPING
- 2 tablespoons sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
So if you've been avoiding sugar-pack carbs or just want a healthier cookie...this will satisfy your sweet tooth!
1 serving - 2 cookies
|Total Fat||13 g||Potassium||0 mg|
|Saturated||0 g||Total Carbs||4 g|
|Polyunsaturated||0 g||Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Monounsaturated||0 g||Sugars||0 g|
|Trans||0 g||Protein||5 g|
** Read George's story here. http://stellastyle.com/site/about-us/