Cass Railroad ~ Cass, West Virginia




In October, we took a weekend trip to Cass, West Virginia to take the fall train ride. It's an 11 mile trip up the mountain to Bald Knob. This is the third highest point in the state. It was a 4 1/2 hour trip and when we reach the top we all got off the train and enjoyed the bag lunch they provided. From this point we could see three surrounding states.
 The view was awesome.

 I just love steam locomotives… The smoke, the whistle and that massive engine.  But boy was it cold! We had winter coats, long johns, scarfs, caps and gloves! At one point I couldn't feel my feet. The old train had wooden slats for the floor with spaces in between and the cold air just came up through the cracks. But it's something I've wanted to do for a long time and my husband and I really enjoyed the day.

 
Entrance to Cass scenic Railroad State Park
 
 
When we got back to the station we enjoyed a cup of hot apple cider at the company store.
 
 

One more thing off our bucket list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!