Kind of interesting and definitely something different...
all have been verified to be essentially true.
- A dime has 118 ridges around the edge.
- A snail can sleep for three years.
- A "jiffy" is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
- Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.
- Almonds are members of the peach family.
- An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain.
- "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".
- Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.
- The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
- There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
- There are only four words in the English language which end in "-dous": tremendous, horrendous, stupendous and hazardous.
- Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks; otherwise it will digest itself.
- There are more chickens than people in the world.
- Bill Gates' first business was Traff-O-Data, a company that created machines which recorded the number of cars
passing a given point on a road.
- Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
- Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
- The name for Oz in the "Wizard of Oz" was thought up when the creator, Frank Baum, looked at his filing cabinet and saw A-N, and O-Z, hence "Oz."