"Night Sky" Petunia

The "Night Sky" Petunia is spotted!
My brother has a hanging basket of these in his yard...beautiful! I have never seen or heard of this one before.
This lovely new color pattern is not 100% stable. When we have hot days and cool nights, the color will be predominately white with a purple star pattern.

 When both day and night temperatures are unusually high, the coloring may become almost solid purple. Very unique!


Here's where I'll be sharing:

Floral Friday Fotos

Happiness is Homemade  * Sundays at Home  * Smell good Sunday * What's for Dinner  *  Nifty Thrifty Sunday * Family Joy * That DIY Party Busy Creative You *
 Amaze Me Monday Mix it up Monday * Make it Pretty Monday * Cooking and Crafting with J and J * Show and Share *  Busy Monday * Keep it simple Monday *Show and Tell *  Warm Heart Totally Terrific Tuesday Tasty Tuesday * Dagmar's Home * Delicious Dishes *Turn it up Tuesday *  Talk of the Town  * Waste not Wednesday *  Thrifty and Vintage Finds *Moonlight and Mason Jars  What's Cookin' Wednesday  *Share Your Style Create it Thursday *  Creatively crafty *  Full plate Thursday * Throwback Thursday * The Handmade Hangout The Pin Junkie * Anything blue Friday * Sweet Inspirations Friday Finds * Foodie Friday *  Photo Friday * Foodie Friday and everything Else * Friday Features *  What To Do Weekends * Home Matters Party Palooza Saturday Sparks *  Best of the Weekend *

17 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I also never saw this beautiful Petunia. The colour is very special.
    Thank you for visiting my blog. Have a wonderful week.
    Regards
    Edith from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow these are so pretty. I've never seen them either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Felicia and have a blessed week!

      Delete
    2. I just subscribed to your blog!

      Delete
  3. Oh I rather like the white splodges, it a bit like a cat with white paws, it's cute!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and it changes with the temp!

      Delete
  4. These are really pretty variegated flowers. I've never see night sky petunias before. I'll be on the lookout for them now, when I shop for annuals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love petunias, but I have never seen this little beauty. I can't plant them without singing that little song that I learned in my childhood. I'm A Lovely Little Petunia In An Onion Patch & All I Do Is Cry All Day. Do you know it?
    Have a lovely day and thanks for sharing.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know that one, Connie but I'll Google it!!

      Delete
  6. Pretty. Does it have a nice scent? Love the color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bonnie! I don't think they have a scent.

      Delete
  7. Suzy, I have never heard of this petunia...but is pretty and certainly interesting! Thanks so much for sharing at Gardens Galore!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are so beautiful Suzy. I don't think I've ever seen Petunia's with spots on, stripes but never spots. They're really lovely

    ReplyDelete
  9. How unusual! Petunias are one of my favorite flowers. I haven't figured out how to grow them well in Fl though. I think the heat is too intense for them. Love the idea that they change depending on the temperature!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are such lovely flowers. I really like the deepness of the color.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stoppin' by and leaving a comment...I'll be over to see you in just a little bit !
Suzy