Mrs. Klein's Baked Beans

Several years ago when we lived in upstate New York, the church we were attending created a member cookbook. You've heard me say before that I just love those recipes... common ingredients that I can pronounce!
 Well, my mom was so pleased when the cookbook included her baked bean recipe!

Mrs. Klein's Baked Beans

1 small onion, chopped
3 slices bacon
2 large cans of pork and beans
2 Tablespoons molasses
3 Tablespoons ketchup
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard

Directions:
Fry together onion and bacon. Drain and crumble the bacon. Add the remaining ingredients to the onion - bacon mixture. Cook slowly until done.

Note:
I've made these in the crock pot too!

Here's where I'll be sharing:

 Amaze Me Monday * Mix it up Monday * Make it Pretty Monday * Cooking and Crafting with J and J *  Busy Monday * Keep it simple Monday * You're gonna love it Tuesday * Tasty Tuesday * Delicious Dishes * Inspire me Tuesday * Talk of the Town  * Waste not Wednesday *  Thrifty and Vintage Finds *Moonlight and Mason Jars Before and After Wednesday * the Alder Collective * You Link it, We Make it * What's Cookin' Wednesday  * Create it Thursday *  Creatively crafty *  Full plate Thursday * Throwback Thursday * The Handmade Hangout The Pin Junkie * Anything blue Friday * Sweet Inspirations  Friday Finds * Foodie Friday *  Photo Friday * Friday Features * Party Palooza * Floral Friday Fotos  *  What To Do Weekends * Peace, love Link up Fridays *  Saturday Sparks *  Five star Frou Frou *  Best of the Weekend *  Happiness is Homemade  * Sundays at Home  * Sunday Crafters-noon *  Nifty Thrifty Sunday *

9 comments:

  1. That looks delicious!
    Please share on the Food Friday meme!
    http://nicholasjv.blogspot.com.au/2016/07/food-friday-eggs-benjamin.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother always doctored up plain old baked beans. We loved them! Thanks for bringing back memories and for sharing with us at Creatively Crafty #ccbg :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lydia and I hope you're having a good weekend!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE baked beans and haven't had these in ages! I can't wait to give them a try! Thanks for linking up with us at You Link It We Make It! -Kim @ knockitoffkim.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always turned up my nose at baked beans until I recently tried them - what was I waiting for! Thanks for sharing with #CCBG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summertime is definitely baked bean time with all the cookouts!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing at Delicious Dishes Recipe Party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you know you can shorten your long links with AdFly and make cash from every visit to your shortened urls.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stoppin' by and leaving a comment...I'll be over to see you in just a little bit !
Suzy