Best Salad I Ever Had....

Awhile back, Hubby and I had dinner at Mitchell's Fish Market. I ordered the House Salad and it was out of this world! I raved with every mouth - watering bite. If you have a chance...try it... you won't be disappointed!

House Salad

6 oz. Red Leaf Lettuce
6 oz. Iceberg Lettuce
20 Dates
4 Cucumber each, sliced 1/16” thin
6 Cherry Tomato per salad
halved ½ cup Carrots ,julienne
4 tsp. Pine Nuts

Poppy Seed Vinaigrette: 6 oz.
1 ½ tsp. Garlic Puree
½ tsp. Kosher Salt
2 ¾ Tbsp. Sugar
1 ½ Tbsp. Spicy Golden Mustard
1 ½ Tbsp. Sherry Vinegar
½ cup Corn Oil
1/8 tsp. Black Pepper
1 1/8 tsp. Shallots, minced
1 1/8 tsp. Poppy Seeds

Toss all ingredients except pine nuts. Serve on a chilled salad plate.
Arrange the tomatoes around the rim. Garnish with pine nuts.
To prepare dressing combine all ingredients except poppy seeds and oil.
Puree with mixer. Slowly add corn oil. Mix in poppy seeds.
yields 4 servings

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, that sounds soooooooooo good! Why is it I am always drooling on my keyboard since I started blogging????

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!