~ Pinch of This ~ Dash of That

Took a few days off from my blog ( I hate the sound of that word ) ahh...let's see..on-line journal..that's better...to do some spring cleaning and catch up on laundry.
My Hubby and I have decided that we need to get more exercise, so we'll be walking at least 3 days a week for an hour or so. He and I both have arthritis so walking would be good for us. We live about 5 minutes from a County Park that has lots of paved walking trails. You see lots of people out there jogging, walking,and even roller blading!
Now, we just need to get started......

Here's a few Southbeach recipes that I use often. The Cookie recipe is an old W.W. recipe,but I got it from the Southbeach Forum :

Deluxe Crockpot Oatmeal - phase 2

2 cups skim milk
2 Tab. brown sugar
1 Tab. butter
1/4 tea. salt
1/2 tea. cinnamon
1 cup old - fashion oatmeal
1 cup finely chopped apple
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or almonds

Directions:
Grease the inside of the crockpot with butter.
Add other ingredients to the crockpot and mix well.
Cover and turn on LOW.
Cook overnight or 6 to 8 hours.
Stir before serving

If I don't have an apple, I use 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Big Breakfast Cookie ( makes 1 BIG cookie )
1/3 cup oatmeal
1 Tab. raisins
1 Tab. pastry flour
1/3 cup fat-free dry milk
1/4 cup sugar - free applesauce
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 Tab. Splenda or no - calorie sweetener

Directions:
pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with Pam. Mix all ingredients together and spoon a large mound on cookie sheet. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, until golden brown on edges.
* I make enough for 4 cookies, they freeze very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!